Friday, January 13, 2012

Elegant Yellows

One of my latest favorite colors seems to be yellow. I keep looking for ways to add a touch of yellow into different rooms in the house because of this new found addiction. It just seems to brighten things up and add a cheerfulness to the room. So here are a few inspirations I found that I really liked from House and Home magazine:

Typically I don't turn to wallpaper, but I think it works well with this set up. Beautiful mirror, beautiful chandelier, and I love mirrored furniture. I personally have a mirrored makeup table and jewelry armoire currently. It looks great in this dining room as well.



Very classic look. I love the way the dark floor contrasts with the sunny yellow colors yet keeping the walls toned down. It's a great display of using an accent color in a room. The chandelier takes the whole room up a notch and makes it more formal.



This kitchen has the beautiful 2 stories in it that I don't have, but I love the use of the yellow with the white. It makes it light and dreamy looking. Plus it's simple- it just lets the architectural details, nice cabinets and bold lights shine.


In my "dining room," (really it's just an eat-in kitchen) it's more of a casual space. I want to take some of these ideas and use them, but it will have to fit with what I have to work with. Hopefully it will be a success!

No comments: