Monday, November 5, 2012

5 Great Thanksgiving Centerpieces

There are a ton of ideas posted online for Halloween and Christmas, but I don't see quite as many ideas for Thanksgiving.  I love Thanksgiving (my mom was born on Thanksgiving, and she's one thing I'm definitely thankful for in my life). The table is the center of this holiday so I found some ways to decorate it.  Here are 5 of my favorites:
 

This first one is so simple, yet it still looks elegant.  All you have to do is fill your hurricane vases with hazelnuts, walnuts, or pecans according to Good Housekeeping.  Plus a little bit of greenery adds a touch of color.  I think acorns could also look nice and if you don't want to go hunting for them, they have acorn fillers at the store.


I found this next one on Savy Housekeeping, who sited Domino magazine as featuring this setup.  This is an easy one too, but adds some drama by using the pheasant feathers.  It's not a traditional look, but I really like it.

By The Way, does anyone else miss Domino as much as I do?  It was one of the few magazines I have ever subscribed to but they closed down.  I have been so sad since.  They had such amazing ideas in that magazine.



The great thing about this centerpiece from HGTV is that it's neutral and would match any decor.  Just add some seed pods, pine cones, and nuts around the ivory pillar candles.




Now on to some color.  I love the way tall centerpieces look, but not for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is a personal, family-oriented holiday so low centerpieces work much better because can talk with your guests easier, without having to worry about the flowers being in the way.

This one's from HGTV and it's easier to duplicate than it looks.  You will need a long, shallow vase to fill with the flowers and greenery.  Make sure they are cut short and allow sprays of the greenery or berries to spill over the sides.  To get the mounded effect, slide leafy branches along the vases' sides. For more of their centerpieces, click here.

And last of all is a table that is featured on Pottery Barn.  They have these mercury pumpkins for sale, but you could also make your own, like the Halloween pumpkins I featured, click here to see the post again, they are the first ones.  The napkins, candlesticks, leaves, and fruit on the plates all give festive little touches that add up to complete the look.



No comments: