Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Decorating for Chirstmas

Have you put up your Christmas decorations yet?   I have my tree up, but I need to get the rest of my decorations out.  Here is a little inspiration for you to get your house looking festive.  These are a few of my favorite decorations and party favors from HGTV's site.


Use a metallic spray paint on an inexpensive wreath to add a little glamour to your house.  It will work well with your New Year's Eve party as well.

I currently have a blue and silver combination for my Christmas tree and decorations.  I am looking to change it next year to the more traditional color scheme, especially now that I have a young son who's just learning about all the festivities.  I love this rustic tree.  It has a simple yet understated elegance about it that's just very appealing to me.

 Following the same idea of simple (and neutral) elegance, the look of this living room is another great example.


Love the use of the traditional color scheme for this front door.  Even the lighted outdoor present decorations match and will shine at night.

Beautiful and delicious party favors = Chocolate-covered Oreos.  According to HGTV, they are easier to make than they look... I sure hope so because I sure hope mine turn out like this!

These are the instructions on the site: "Simply cut a round piece of a chocolate-transfer sheet featuring a coordinating design (available at baking supply shops) to fit the bottom of a straight-edged flexible cupcake tin. Pour some melted chocolate on top and chill until set. Add an Oreo cookie, then pour more melted chocolate on top to cover the cookie. Chill until set and remove from the molds to reveal a beautiful and tasty treat."



 Such a cute idea for a party favor- your very own Christmas tree!

No comments: