Wednesday, August 15, 2012

How to Make Candy Melts


Does anyone make candy melts now?  My mom used to make them when my sister and I were growing up, and I still like to make them on occasion.  I not only enjoy it, but it brings back some happy memories.  Above are some ducks and hearts I made for my son Tyler's baby shower.  

I also spotted these Easter ones with the lollipop sticks from Beth at Hungry Happenings.   Beth gives such clear, detailed instructions on how to make these- you can't go wrong!  Click here to go to Hungry Happenings and get the instructions.  While you're there, you must check out more of her desserts.  She has some amazing ideas!  I've found several I want to try.

Candy melts are really easy to make once you know how to make them. Wouldn't the lollipop ones be a cute party favor to give away?

You can buy an assortment of candy molds and melts at most craft stores like Michaels or Joanns. The molds are inexpensive, so if you're making a few batches, I would say to buy 2 molds per person so you can work continuously until finished.  If you make some, let me know how they turn out!

1 comment:

Beth @ Hungry Happenings said...

Thanks for sharing a link to my chocolate making page. I'm glad you found it so helpful and hope your readers do too.