Monday, July 2, 2012

Make Your Own Roman Shades?


I love the look of roman shades in rooms. I think they'd be especially useful in my son's nursery and in our den/office area (it has only one window and it's a small room so my computer has to sit in front of it).

I've seen some plain colored ones at a good price at JCPenney, but it's really not what I'm looking for. I want custom made ones. I'm even thinking about making my own. I'm a little scared to, but I enjoy projects sometimes, so maybe I should. Hmmm. I will have to decide. They do look a little intimidating to make. Here is the post I found on Martha Stuart Everyday that explains how to make them: Make Your Own Roman Shades.

Someday, maybe I will have the time to make them. But for now I like the classic looking shades in the picture above from Pottery Barn Kids for my son's nursery. They come in 8 different color choices. The only thing that could make them even better is if they also had the choice to monogram them. Wouldn't that be super cute?

No comments: